The Submission Page
A little about Destiny’s Publications Archives:This site was formed in 2012 by Princess Destiny, who also runs the site Destiny's Gateway. It was created as a place for the Authors there and on the net, to post their original short stories, novels, poems and songs away from the Fanfiction. The Terms Of Service page covers all bases for copyright, as well as the Authors could not be stolen and provides a safe place for them to submit their original works of fiction, with a date and time stamp of creation and publication on the internet.
The Archives are completely automated: If you have not already done so, please Register for an account. Once you've logged in, click on Account Information and choose Add Story. The form presented there will allow you to submit your story. DPA is a completely automated Archive like Fictionpress.com which means that you, the Author, can upload your own Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs.
How do I select more than one Category?
Select a Category (eg: Horror), wait a second and go back to that same list and select at the top Back To Main Categories and select another. You can have your Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs under more than one Category and that is where they will appear to readers, though it will only register as the one on the story count on the main page.
Ratings: We use the old style ratings here, not the new ones that use K, T etc. They are the ratings that are used on Movies, just to give you an idea of what to submit under.
[G-PG 13+] All G rated stories, songs and poems becomes a PG 13+ as default, since there isn't much difference between the ratings. This is for mild scenes and swearing. Nothing you wouldn't have a little kid reading!
[M 15+] This for action scenes, mild violence and mild sexual situations. No sex scenes! If you mention a sexual body part, or have a character touched on that body part, then you must give it this rating at least-anything more graphic should be listed as NC-17+.
[NC 17+] If you have a sexual scene, then it's definitely this rating, even if the rest of your story appears to be a PG-13+!
[R 18+] This is reserved for Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs with rape scenes, child abuse and horrific violence with graphic descriptions of blood and injury. Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs with sex scene's that would usually get an NC rating, but contain one of these are given this rating.
1. Do not use the copyrighted material of any other Authors that are published on the internet or by a publication company. Your Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs are not a work of Fanfiction, so must contain only your imagination.
2. Stories must be submitted to the proper category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. You can submit to more than one of those Categories. For example, your story fits under both horror and romance.
3. Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions. "Please read", "Untitled", to be written etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
4. Spell check all Stories, Poems and Songs and proofread all entries for grammar and other aspects of writing before submission. Your grammar and spelling need not be perfect, but it needs to have less than one mistake for every 100 words.
5. Please make sure to respect the reviewers as well as the writers. Constructive criticism is always accepted, as well as praise for the Author, but flames are not tolerated in any manner. To flame an Author is in no way an aid to their writings. Members will be banned and the negative reviews deleted.
6. Please put Author's Notes including a Disclaimer into either the Story Notes or Chapter Notes. There is no need to paste in both of those, as they go above the top of the Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs and you'll just have a duplicate. There is also a disclaimer for the entire site at the bottom of each page, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
If you like, you can just paste in the disclaimer for the site:
Disclaimer: The Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs on this site are Copyrighted and belong solely to their to their respective authors; please do not use or reproduce their content, without expressed written permission of their creators!
7. You must submit your story with correct formatting. Make sure to have capitals at the beginning of sentences, separate paragraphs, make sure that speech is clearly marked etc. All Chapters are to be clearly marked as such, with a horizontal like above and below the Chapter heading. When the Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Song is completed, put ‘The End’ and make sure to tick the box in the Submission form If you need a visual reference of the correct formatting, you can refer to one of the Example Story we have set up. You can find a template for completed and unfinished stories there.
8. Dreams, Flashbacks, letters, songs…please make sure to bold these and put a horizontal line before and after, so that the reader can tell what’s going on. It is really hard to determine a dream or flashback from the main plot if you give no indication that it is that. If you need a visual on what we mean, go to this link: Example Story
9. Short Stories under 1000 words must have the Drabble Genre picked when you fill out the Submission Form. If you have this in separate Chapters, please add them all into the one page with Chapter Headings.
10. Any Storiesover 1000 words with separate Chapters must put all content into the one or more pages.If your Novels has over 20 Chapters, try and condense it so that the readers won’t have to go to that many pages. Over the years, I have been told and noticed it myself, that if a novel is massive and has Chapter after Chapter on separate pages, the reader will sometimes avoid clicking on it.
11. No plagiarism. This is absolutely not accepted and your name will be added to our Blacklist if we catch you doing it! You will also have the Short Stories, Novels, Poems and Songs removed, along with any reviews and will be banned from the site immediately. There are no second chances.
12. We accept html or text format. All submissions can be copied and paste pasted into the text box in the submission page. You can also browse to your computer and upload the file if it is already in the correct format for submission, but there is a bug in the script, so you might get an error using this method.
13. No stories that contain statutory rape. (Adults having sex with minors, children who are under 15 years old.)
14. Plot! Please make sure that the Short Story and Novel that you submit to the Archives actually has a well-thought out plot to it about it. (You would be surprised at how many don't go absolutely anywhere and just ramble on with no direction). If you do have a story that has none, clearly mark as a PWP (Plot? What Plot!).
15. Be sure to add your story in the proper category! This is really important, as it will let your readers know what they are reading out. If you don't find one there that fits your story, just let me know and I will add it ASAP.
16. A Short Story, Novel, Poem or Song that has been rejected may be resubmitted once the appropriate changes have been made. Unless you have plagiarised, you’re welcome to submit it again once changes to our guidelines have been made, if you happen to inadvertently break a rule.
17. (Coming soon) New Author's sometimes need help with the basic structure of the A Short Story or Novel, such as paragraph spacing, adding in a comma or full stops and spellchecking. Some Members can help you out with this and even the Site Admin would be happy to lend a hand :) If you would like someone to go over your work before you post it up here, go to the link in the main menu and click on beta-readers for a list of those Authors who are happy to help. We will not touch your story in any other way, and will in no way change, or remove what you have written there without your full permission.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a warning. We operate on a "three-strike" system. After the third warning, you will be banned from uploading for 7-14 days and/or until you clean up your Short Story or Novel and resubmit it correctly. We will absolutely not do everything for you, so make sure everything is correct with your submission. During a banned period any A Short Story, Novel, Poem or Song submitted by you will be deleted from the new submissions queue without being looked at. Admin reserve the right to delete anything they deem unfit at any time. To check on members' banned status, view The Blacklist.
For other questions, please reference our Help Section.
By submitting your A Short Story, Novel, Poem or Song, you are stating that you've fully read and understand these rules and that you understand the consequences of failing to comply with said terms. If you fail to comply, the Admin completely reserve the right to question you with you about it, in a 3x7 cell, under a bright light, wearing bad secret service uniforms. LOL
If you have questions or do not understand something – do not submit your Short Story, Novel, Poem or Song yet and email email@example.com Ask us, or get on the Forums and ask us. We are more than happy to help clear things up for you so you can do this properly!